So let’s take it from the top. What exactly is poly-ash siding and trim?
First off, TruExterior Siding & Trim is unlike any other product out there. It’s our proprietary combination of polymers and fly ash—which is a byproduct of coal-fired power plants. It really delivers the best of both worlds, the look of wood plus high performance.
Sounds like innovative technology. What’s the advantage for the builder?
In a word, freedom. Our pros know that this is a product they can cut, mill, glue, stain and paint, just like wood. So TruExterior Siding & Trim really offers outstanding curb appeal and custom results that homeowners can’t resist. Yet at the same time, unlike wood, poly-ash stands up to insects and rot. That’s a big deal.
That’s the high performance part?
Right. TruExterior Siding & Trim offers a high level of dimensional stability and durability. It resists warping, cracking, splitting...all the nightmares that builders have to contend with. There’s no need to seal end cuts which saves installation time in the field. There’s no problem with ground contact. And you can paint it any color, including dark ones. Even black.
You said ground contact is no problem. How about masonry contact?
Sounds like homeowners get some freedom from worry, too.
Definitely. Aside from the look, TruExterior’s resistance to moisture, rot and insects is a major benefit for them, especially down the road.
But I suppose it takes a professional investment in special tools?
Not at all. TruExterior installs with standard woodworking tools and methods. So those hard-earned, pro tools and techniques work right from the start.
That makes a difference, for sure. Now, earlier you mentioned curb appeal.
Yes, let’s talk aesthetics. Because none of this matters if the homeowner can’t get the distinctive, original look they want. But with TruExterior, they can get that authentic charm with full-thickness profiles and bold, defined shapes. You can mill and route our product into, really, an endless range of designs.
All the popular trends out there?
Yes, in fact we talk about the many popular historic profiles that TruExterior can replicate. And all with the appearance and feel of traditional wood siding, like:
• Reversible Shiplap-Nickel Gap, in two formats. Smooth Nickel Gap on one side and wood-grain Shiplap on the other; or woodgrain Nickel Gap on one side and smooth Shiplap on the other. The panels fit perfectly and look really authentic.
• Channel: TruExterior Channel Siding with a deep recessed groove. Those shadow lines look great for an entire house or an exterior accent wall.
• Channel Bevel: Gives Arts-and-Crafts homes extra appeal with an attractive, layered look.
• V-Rustic: Features a deep “V” groove for another appealing shadow line effect. Beautiful on many Craftsman homes.
• Cove/Dutch Lap: Makes a sophisticated statement with its long, curved lower profile.
Where can pros and homeowners get started with TruExterior?
Our site has it all, from inspiration to specs, videos, samples and a lot more, at www.truexterior.com