Join the editors of Professional Remodeler and members of CEDIA, NARI and NKBA at KBIS April 24-26 in Chicago as we discuss the ways collaboration between trades can lead to more productive projects.
Collaboration Station, located in booth #1249, will host resources throughout the show, as well as seven panel discussions.
The full schedule:
Tuesday, April 24
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Cross Industry Trends - Learn about the trends affecting the home industry today from your peers—with specific focus on kitchens and baths! Panelists will explore trends, discuss how they are affecting projects today, and look at ways to dispel fears and myths related to incorporating technology into designs.
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Design/Spatial Considerations - Space is a hot commodity—how do you make the most of it while dealing with competing needs and desires? Panelists will explore the challenges of incorporating technology into kitchens and baths, from both the design and space perspectives and look at ways to streamline this process from the beginning!
- 4 to 5 p.m. Attainable Technology Solutions - Technology touches so many aspects of the people’s live—and their homes are no exception. If you have been hesitant to broach the subject of technology with clients for fear of the high price tag then this session is for you! Panelists will discuss ways to broach the subject of technology with clients and how design and build professionals can incorporate many “affordable and attainable” technologies into their offerings.
Wednesday, April 25
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Universal Design Options - Panelists will discuss the term “universal design”—and what it means to them and what it means to their clients. Learn how to talk to clients about universal design, technology options, and to find ways to relate the topic back to their lifestyles.
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Energy Efficiency and Green - Energy efficiency is all the rage—find out how technology can help clients manage their energy consumption and be part of delivering convenience , safety, and sustainability options into current and future projects.
- 4 to 5 p.m. - Mobile Apps and Wireless Options - There’s an “app” for that! Learn how mobile applications and wireless options can help you “sell” technology options and upgrades to clients, while providing them with specific and concrete ways to increase their home’s systems functionalities.
Thursday, April 26
- 10 to 11 a.m. Assembling the Ideal Team - Deciding to partner with a company or individual is an important decision. Learn how to assemble the “ideal” group related to your building team by listening to panelists discuss what has and hasn’t worked for them! Panelists will give specific examples of when things went right by talking about innovative solutions, and when things went wrong by talking about lessons learned.