Building Science: What Could Have Caused CO Poisoning of Maine Homeowner?

February 13, 2015

Home energy professionals on a forum in Home Energy Pros discuss the cause of a man’s hospitalization from carbon monoxide poisoning at his home in Yarmouth, Maine.

“If we take the liberty of reading between the lines, it looks like our recent snow was deep enough to block the vents on this home’s heating system,” the original poster writes. “My guess would be a direct vent high efficiency condensing furnace.”

Join the discussion at Home Energy Pros

Overlay Init