The Residential Remodeling Index (RRI) suggests a strong pace continuing through 2014. Below are some tips NKBA University has pulled from its upcoming courses that can serve as advice for your to gear up for a successful fall remodeling season.
1. Set Your Path with Your Business Plan
Your business plan is your road map to success—have you stayed the course or changed directions? Revisiting your plan with your team allows you to honestly analyze how your resources, communication, financials and priorities have you on track to meet your goals—and what needs to change. As a best practice, this exercise should be done quarterly.
2. Get Social
Depending on your business, strengthening your online presence through the right outlets can drive awareness, highlight your successes and give clients a platform to sing your praises. Word of mouth buzz from real customers can become your strongest advocate.
3. Maximize Manpower by Delegating
You can’t take everything on and do it effectively--this is where delegation comes in. Distributing work to your team isn’t a sign of weakness, but frees you up to manage the bigger picture, while empowering employees with more meaningful roles. But it’s not as easy as passing off tasks--colleagues need to understand the context and importance of the assignment and follow-up is key to crossing it off your list.
The following courses offered this summer will help you prepare for a busy fall:
- Your Kitchen & Bath Business: Delegating with Authority will be available on-demand soon, free for NKBA members; $39 for non-members
- Kitchen & Bath Business Management starts September 3 (four two-hour sessions) cost is $199 for members; $239 for non-member
- Kitchen & Bath Project Management starts September 16 (four two-hour sessions) cost is $199 for members; $239 for non-members
View the full NKBA U course calendar here: http://www.nkba.org/Courses/LearningType/Courses_Calendar.aspx. PR