In the latest episode of Remodeling Mastery, Mark Richardson, the show's host and namesake, gives tips on how to continue pace for the rest of the pandemic. Although it may seem like a lifetime has passed since Covid-19 first ramped up in the United States, the pandemic is really only at halftime, according to Richardson. In order to survive–and potentially thrive–it's important to make short term goals and keep up morale. In the second half of the show, Richardson sits down with Michael Anschel, CEO of Otogawa-Anschel Design + Build, on how the current conditions are impacting his business and how his policy of transparency gives him a leg up.
Takeaways from the episode:
- Think of COVID-19 as a marathon to overcome instead of a sprint.
- Celebrate short-term victories.
- Take the current remodeling trend as an opportunity to improve your business marketing and work process.
- Be more empathetic to your team–each of them processes the pandemic situation differently.
- Many people are now looking at their home in a different light. You can benefit from this with the right considerations.
- Practicing a team sport mentality and improving communication is especially crucial right now.
- Embrace the uncertainties that are out there and be ready to react to them accordingly.
- Focus on your brand and reputation–many homeowners are now basing their home improvement decisions on these factors instead of price.
- Look at each calendar year as a 12-week cycle instead of the standard 12 months.
- Leadership teams are key to continued business success.
Listen above and see more episodes here.