The remodeling industry has a growing problem on its hands that must be addressed immediately.
Professional Remodeler 40 Under 40: Lisa Pickell
Lisa Pickell, 30
COO, Orren Pickell Designers & Builders
Lake Bluff, Ill.
B.S., Marketing, Miami University
• HomeBuilders Association of Greater Chicago Remodeler of the Year, 2009
• Multiple local and national design awards
• Member, NAHB, HomeBuilders Association of Greater Chicago
• Past President, HomeBuilders Association of Greater Chicago Remodelers Council
• Volunteer, HomeAid Chicago, Rebuilding Together, Homes for Hope and Guardian Angel Bassett Hound Rescue
OFF THE CLOCK
“I really enjoy hosting dinner parties where I can cook for my family and friends. Other hobbies include skiing and sailing. Both of these are family hobbies so I get to enjoy them with those I love.”
Favorite food: “For a cook, my favorite food is rather simple, but I love Caprese Salad. It’s fun to see different chef’s interpretations of this classic.”
While serving as the COO at Orren Pickell Designers & Builders pursued another passion and went to culinary school. “This has always been a dream of mine and to make it a reality, while maintaining a full time leadership position at the firm, was a wonderful accomplishment.”