The remodeling industry has a growing problem on its hands that must be addressed immediately.
Professional Remodeler 40 Under 40: Amber Wood
Amber Wood, 32
Manager, Energy Programs, NAHB Research Center
Upper Marlboro, Md.
B.S., Civil and Mechanical Engineering, M.S., Engineering Systems, Colorado School of Mines
• Manages research programs focused on energy performance of residential construction
• Led team that was selected as DOE Building America research team
• Oversees NAHB Research Center’s Energy Value Housing Awards program
• Staff liaison for energy efficiency task group that developed (and is now updating) the ANSI ICC-700
• National Green Building Standard
Worked with DOE to develop
option for builders to have homes dual-certified through both Builders Challenge and NGBS
OFF THE CLOCK
Relaxes by reading, cooking, and playing “vintage” video games with her husband (current challenge: “Legend of Zelda 3”)
Favorite food: Dark chocolate and stinky cheese (“It’s an amazing combination, but not in the same bite”)
On the nightstand: “Crocodile on the Sandbank,” “A Calculated Risk,” and
Rescued her dog, an Alaskan Malamute named Maverick, by feeding him beer (As a stray, he was fed by local college students, so what do you expect he’d like?)
Comments on: "Professional Remodeler 40 Under 40: Amber Wood"
More like this
- New York Homeowners Construction Wins Outstanding Achievement Award
- New Opportunity to Showcase Energy Value in Existing Homes
- ProVia Receives 2014 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award
- Implementing Quality Management at Wathen-Castanos Hybrid Homes
- What's in a Green Building Product Label?