Last month in this space, I reviewed a series of market projections for 2014 from Harvard University as well as the industry’s leading associations.
Remodeling for an architect-homeowner.
Remodeling for an architect-homeowner
1. Let the owner lead the design process. Enhance the design with suggestions along the way.
2. Know the language of architecture.
3. Route all communications with vendors through your office.
4. Keep the owner posted on costs at all times. Changes may improve the design, but strain customer relations if they push costs up too much.
5. Explain the benefits of detailed plans.