Following months of deliberation on the inspiring kitchen design entries, Thermador has chosen the 16 regional winners of the 2012-2013 Kitchen Design Challenge. Each of these 16 regional winners will be awarded a $2,500 cash prize and an all-expenses-paid trip to Southern California for an exclusive celebratory gala, where more cash prizes will be awarded. In total, $100,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the regional and national winners of this competition.
The 16 regional winners consist of two kitchen designs from each of the contest’s six regions - with each winner representing the design category of either contemporary/modern and traditional/transitional - as well as four winners across all regions for best use of built-in Thermador refrigeration in their design.
At the celebration gala in September, Thermador will unveil three national grand prize winners and two runners-up, selected from among the regional winners, to receive a part of the prize purse. The grand prizes will honor both the best Traditional/Transitional kitchen design and Contemporary/Modern kitchen design from across the nation, and also award a grand prize for the best use of refrigeration in a kitchen design.
Building off the highly successful 2010-2011 Kitchen Design Challenge, this year’s contest was expanded to include more opportunities to win and more incentives for entering, including a total prize value of over $225,000, with cash prizes totaling $100,000 as well as marketing and promotion and an all-expenses-paid trip for two to a magnificent celebration weekend in the fall of 2014. The field of regional winners was doubled in the 2012-2013 challenge from 8 to 16, and to celebrate the most bold and stunning kitchen designs, the contest was expanded to include submissions from design firms in addition to individual designers as in years past over the two-year period.
Thermador Kitchen Design Challenge regional winners:
- Thomas Trzcinski, Kitchen & Bath Concepts of Pittsburgh, LLC
- Kathryn Salyer, Kathryn Salyer Design, Inc.
Central North/Central South:
- Terri Crittenden, Fredman Design Group
- Christy M. Bowen, CKD, CBD, Twelve Stones Designs and Roy Faust, New Creations Custom Kitchens and Baths
New York/ New England:
- Robert Legere, Steve Troy and Krysti Pitterman, Robert Legere Design
- Peter Cardamone & Lynne Kaltman, Bluebell Kitchens
- Marty Stanley, Anything Goes, Inc.
- Christopher Harper, Harper Construction, Inc.
- Emily Rubin, Emily Rubin Designs
- Jennifer Allison, Jennifer Allison Design
- Geri Higgins, Portfolio Kitchen & Home
- Michael Dugan, Dugan Woodworks
- Linda McLain and Lindsay Hulsey, Signature Kitchens & Baths of Charleston, Inc.
- Marc Thee, Marc-Michaels Interior Design, Inc.
“We are thrilled to showcase the incredible work of designers and trade professionals who have proudly featured Thermador appliances as the centerpiece of their spectacular and stunning kitchen designs,” said Zach Elkin, director, brand marketing, for Thermador. “This year’s challenge was more competitive than ever and the quality of the kitchen entries received is outstanding. We are proud that Thermador continues to be the first choice in America’s finest luxury kitchens.”
The Thermador Kitchen Design Challenge invites professional kitchen designers, builders and architects to enter their most impressive kitchens equipped with Thermador appliances.
The full list of regional winners can be also viewed here: http://www.thermador.com/trade/kitchendesignchallenge2013. PR