Housing Innovation Awards are presented to builders in the Department's Zero Energy Ready Home program who are changing the way homes are designed and constructed.
The Energy Department presented Housing Innovation Awards to 28 industry leaders during the Energy and Environmental Building Alliance’s Excellence in Building Conference in St. Louis, Missouri. The industry leaders are commercializing and deploying cutting-edge technologies and helping to significantly reduce the energy costs of the nation’s homes.
"The Housing Innovation Awards recognize forward-thinking contractors and builders for delivering extraordinary energy efficiency while ensuring superior comfort, health and durability in new and existing homes," said Dr. David Danielson, Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
The following industry professionals were presented with Housing Innovation Awards:
DOE Zero Energy Ready Home Leading Builders
Housing Innovation Awards are presented to builders in the Department's Zero Energy Ready Home program who are changing the way homes are designed and constructed. Zero energy-ready homes represent a whole new level of home performance, with rigorous requirements that ensure outstanding levels of energy savings, comfort, health and durability.
- Amerisips Constructors, LLC, Charleston, S.C.
- BPC Green Builders, Wilton, Conn.
- Cobblestone Homes LLC, Saginaw, Mich.
- CVH Inc., Coupeville, Wash.
- Imery & Co, LLC, Athens, Ga.
- John Hubert Associates, LLC, Wyncote, Pa.
- One Sky Homes, San Jose, Calif. [Grand Award Winner]
- Promethean Homes, LLC, Steeles Tavern, Va.
- Sterling Brook Custom Homes LLC, Double Oak, Texas.
- AquaZephyr, LLC, Ithaca, N.Y.
- Brookside Development LLC, Woodbridge, Conn.
- Greenhill Contracting Inc., Esopus, N.Y.
- KB Home, Los Angeles, Calif.
- M Street Homes, LLC, Houston, Texas
- Mandalay Homes, Phoenix, Ariz.
- New Town Builders, Denver, Colo. [Grand Award Winner]
- Caldwell & Johnson, Inc. Custom Builders & Remodelers, North Kingstown, R.I.
- Green Extreme Homes CDC & Carl Franklin Homes, LC, Lewisville, Texas
- Habitat for Humanity South Sarasota, Inc., Venice, Fla.
- Southeast Volusia Habitat for Humanity Inc., New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Southern Homes (Clayton), Double Springs, Ala.
- TC Legend Homes, LLC, Bellingham, Wash. [Grand Award Winner]
Zero Energy Ready Leadership
- Palo Duro Homes, Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
- Jerry Wade, Artistic Homes, Albuquerque, N.M.
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Housing Innovation Awards are also presented to Home Performance with ENERGY STAR participating contractors who excel in the following categories: Customer Relations, Industry Leadership, High Energy Savings and Sales & Marketing. The program's participating contractors apply a whole-house approach to deliver significant home energy savings.
- Green Energy Improvement, Chicago, Ill. – Customer Relations and Sales & Marketing
- Isaac Home Energy Performance, Rochester, N.Y. – Industry Leadership
- Neil Kelly Home Performance, Portland, Ore. – Industry Leadership and Customer Relations
- Quality Insulation Installers, Milwaukee, Wis. – Industry Leadership and High Energy Savings.
The Energy Department's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) works with private industry, universities and national laboratories to accelerate the development and facilitate deployment of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and market-based solutions that strengthen U.S. energy security, environmental quality, and economic vitality. Visit the Building Technologies Office website to learn more about broader efforts to help new and existing homes across the U.S. achieve cost-effective, energy-saving solutions. PR