The Belbin team roles are used to help create effective and balanced teams. Few individuals are strong in all of these roles, so ensuring you have a good mix on a team can make a real difference. It also needs to be noted that each role has its own strengths and weakness.
- Investigator: Communicator, explores opportunities
- Shaper: Dynamic, good under pressure
- Plant: Imaginative, problem solver
- Coordinator: Good team lead, delegates and focuses on goals
- Specialist: Self-starter, provides key skills
- Implementer: Reliable, turns ideas into action
- Completer: Seeks our errors and omissions, ensures delivered on time
- Monitor: Evaluates, ensures on track
- Team worker: Reliable, listens, builds and calms the team
Do your critical teams have these skills?